Whoops! It has been a hot minute since I have got on here, but all with good reason! My life has been one big rollercoaster that didn’t seem to stop from January- until now! If you follow me on Instagram (@injuriestomd), you know that I just had knee surgery, so most of my time is spent either on an ice machine, or my CPM machine, but what else have I been up to since January?
- I finished my sophomore year of college! (Yippie!!) This semester was one of the most stressful yet. Lets just say that organic chemistry is a killer! I’m happy to say I made Deans List and ended on a very high note.
- I finished my last semester with football as an athletic trainer. This experience deserves a post of its own. It was one of the best experiences and I have taken so many memories with me. In addition, I learned so much about medicine and myself throughout the process.
- This leads me into the next one, I am going to be the Athletic Trainer for Swim and Dive next year! This is going to change things up for me! It is now two trainers for about 90 athletes versus 15 trainers for about 120 athletes!
- I am taking two online classes this summer, Statistics and Psychology (Intro). Because I picked up a certificate and minor (surprise!), my schedule is jam packed until I graduate! These classes don’t start until the end of June so I’ve got some time!
- So yes, I picked up a minor too in Health Advocacy. This was not as bad to pick up as it was only two additional classes, but with the certificate it does add more to my plate!
- As I mentioned above, I had knee surgery! It was a long time coming but I had the OATS procedure for my knee (Osteochondral Autograft Transplant). I think this is going to deserve a blog post of its own too!
- We are in the process of adopting a dog! I’m super excited about this. Ever since I was a child I wanted a dog, but it just never happened. Now that my dad is traveling more, my Mom is wanting a companion. Even though I won’t be home most of the time to enjoy its company, it will be nice to come home too!
I think that is all that has been happening! What do you guys want to see on the blog this summer? Leave a comment or leave me a message on Instagram (@injuriestomd)